Star Wars at Disney World – Disney’s Hollywood Studios brings the excitement of Star Wars experience to life and we got to check it out.
One of the coolest parts of our Disney trip was watching the Stormtroopers March down Hollywood Boulevard. My three-year-old is only briefly aware of the Storm Troopers from pieces of the animated series he’s seen and the Star Wars Lego cartoons. He knows just enough from the older kids he plays with and the knowledge he’s gathered through those pieces of tv shows to be excited about light saber battles.
Never the less, it was pretty cool to see the same wide-eyed amazement in him and my husband, as well as the hundreds of other Star Wars fans lined up.
The Stormtrooper March takes place at different times throughout the day, with a different storyline as well. Captain Phasma lead her squad through the streets to the main stage where they acted out various battle training sessions and scenes. The kids loved when the storm troopers would fire off their guns or an explosion would happen. It was very exciting!
After the show we ventured over to the Star Wars Launch Bay to make our own light sabers. They got to pick out each piece of their light saber and put it together, building their very own custom light saber. We purchased our light sabers and explored the Star Wars area a little more.
There are lot’s more fun Star Wars experiences for fans of all ages. Since this was our first day at Hollywood Studios we kept it short. Here are a few more attractions:
- Star Wars Launch Bay (Animation Courtyard) – explore Star Wars exhibits, meet characters like Chewbacca, shop for Star Wars memorabilia
- Star Wars Path of the Jedi (Echo Lake)- ten minute retelling of the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars Photo Opportunities ( Echo Lake)
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – younglings can be a part of the show. Must be between 4 and 12 years of age and register before between the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! and the 50’s Prime Time Cafe. Registration begins when Hollywood Studios opens
- Star Wars Launch Bay Theater (Animation Courtyard)
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – fireworks nighttime show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios