Food and Wine Festival at Epcot Walt Disney World is an annual event that takes place every year showcasing flavors and tastes from around the world. Read all about our experience….
One of the most popular events at Disney World just happened to be going on while we were there – The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Mid September through Mid November the marketplaces of Epcot feature tasting booths that serve up global delicacies paired with tasty beverages.
We made our way “around the world” with Brady one afternoon just to explore and see the sights. Later that night, with B back at the hotel sleeping soundly with Grandma, we made our way back to the festival to indulge and imbibe.
More than 25 marketplaces featured cuisine from around the world for purchase. You can use your credit/debit card or your MagicBand. Pick up a festival passport at the entrance or any of the food stands and you can browse the offerings of each marketplace as well as keep track of what you’ve tasted with passport stickers.
A few other things we tried:
- I loved the Spicy Tuna Poke with Seaweed Salad and Nori Rice from Hawaii. It was absolutely delicious! And the Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine it was paired with just made it even better.
- Dave’s favorite was the Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi from Poland and the Okacim O.K. Euro Pale Lager.
- Baked Ziti and Chicken Parmigiana from Italy, very tasty.
- Spicy Sushi Roll with Kazan Volcano Sauce from Japan, delicious! As was the Echigo “Northern Bloom” Junmai Sake.
- Fresh Potato Pancake with Scottish Smoked Salmon and Herbed Sour Cream from Scotland, with an Innis & Gunn Irish Whiskey Aged Stout.
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce from Germany- yummy!
- Barbacoa Enchilada from Mexico, with a Jalapeno Margarita on the Rocks…. I still think about that margarita, lol!
Each small plate was a few bites and honestly after about three, I was full! I wish I had had more room to try more of the different selections. Next year we’ll plan on allowing more time to truly enjoy all that the Food and Wine festival has to offer.
Along with the tastings there are lots of other special events that you can take part. From meet and greets with famous chefs to cooking classes and multi-course meals, foodies will find a whole list of entertaining experiences to delight their senses.
Ratatouille was hiding all around Epcot and you could get a passport for the kids to try and find them all for a prize.